We’ve tried to compile and answer the most common queries we receive. If you can’t find the answer you need below, don’t hesitate to contact us.
We don’t want you to miss out on all the benefits of membership once your initial fee has lapsed, that’s why we’ve made renewing easy too! Just download and complete our Membership Renewal Form.
Read on for just a sample of what you’ll get out of your MPAACT membership:
- Enjoying the customer-confidence that comes from having Australia’s most trusted painting and decorating logo attached to your brand.
- You will cut insurance costs if you opt for insurance through our affiliated brands, MGA Brokers and AON Risk Services.
- The third-party accreditation you receive through membership will provide your company with an important point of difference. You will also enjoy exposure through your affiliation.
- You’ll stay informed through regular updates on industry news, exciting products releases, tips on best practice, as well as changes to standards, legislation and OH&S.
- You’ll enjoy the benefits of being part of an association that is focussed on ethical codes of business, and the promotion of the highest levels of craftsmanship.
- You’ll enjoy greater networking opportunities through attendance at regular industry-specific events
- You’ll become a better painter and decorator by attending our education and training programs that have been created by the finest practitioners in the industry. Better skills mean happier customers, more referrals and more repeat work.
- Membership with MPAACT is the closest thing a painting and decorating company in the ACT can get to licensing or accreditation. You can confidently tell potential clients that you have the backing of the most respected third-party association in the industry.
To become a member, the only requirements you need to satisfy are:
- Be involved in the painting and decorating industry in the ACT
- Possess Public Liability Insurance
- Agree to abide by our Code of Ethics
Providing opportunities for learning is one of our core objectives and we offer a huge array of training courses. You can learn all about our educational programs by visiting our Trade Trainers page.
We have two membership categories:
- Standard: Access to all the benefits of MPAACT membership - $460+GST
- Affiliate: Affiliate membership provides you with access to member benefits, while also giving your company visibility as an affiliate sponsor of MPAACT.
The best type of paint depends on the application. However, MPAACT always encourages consumers to stick with leading brands, and follow the instructions given on labels.
Environmental factors will influence how long a paintjob lasts. Exterior surfaces typically need to be repainted every 5-7 years, but if you contract a quality painter, the job will certainly last longer.
Absolutely. Never go ahead with a project until a clear contract of work has been signed.
Contracts provide a clear direction for the project, and form a basis for any future dispute resolution processes.
If you’re dealing with a property built before 1970, you need to be aware of lead-based paint and asbestos.
You also need to be aware of the dangers of working at heights, in confined spaces and disturbing power and gas supplies.
The first thing you should do is calmly discuss your concerns with the painter. Open, honest communication is always the best way to discuss your concerns. If you feel as though the painter has not appropriately responded to your concerns, you should contact MPAACT about a Technical Consultation.
You should always try to keep painted surfaces free of dust and alkaline, by using a damp cloth. Light pressure washing will help to keep exterior painted surfaces looking their best.
You should always look for a Master Painter, as this is the only way you can tell they hold the appropriate skill, and insurance.
Quotes can vary based on the contractors understanding of the scope of the work, as well as their approach to the job.
For further information, contact:
- Phone: 02 6287 2793 or 1300 727 417
- Mail: PO Box 362, Fyshwick, ACT 260
- Email: Fill in our Contact Form